Today’s gift: freedom.
I am Mom to a fabulous — and very demanding– boy and his twin sister. My days are very busy and extra intense because M needs a lot of attention, support and devotion.
An unexpected surprise of motherhood: I am an expert at finding — and celebrating — tiny moments of freedom. If only for a second or two, these things liberate me and allow me soar:
- A bike ride (speeding downhill, breeze blowing)
- The first sip of my morning coffee
- My work
- The smell of summer air especially at night
- An uninterrupted bath
- Fresh flowers — tulips always had a special spot on my NYC desk
- Running on a track
- Lunch at the beach
- Loud music — in the car
- NYC Taxi rides late at night
- Sleeping in my old childhood room